Sunday 13 June 2010

World Cup Hype

As I am Prophet of doom at the best of times caused by be a Charlton supporter for the last forty years' I had a sense of unease all last week about the outcome of Englands game with the USA last night.Seeing all the England flags on cars and painted on roofs of houses,a lot of people saying this will be our year was making me increasingly nervous.Then I watched the news showing Ten Downing Street with the England flag flying and David Cameron wishing the team all the luck in the world.This is from a Prime Minister of Scottish decent!
The match itself started very well with a goal after four minutes which of course I missed as I was a bit late home from walking the dog! So as my confidence of giving the USA a good thrashing grew I almost forgot my role of being a prophet of doom.So it had to be left to Rob Green to make a goalkeeping blunder for reality to be restored.Anyway it gave the Rottweilers of the press something to get their teeth into. So I hope there will be an improvement in the next game but I will probably view it,as I do for Dr Who, from the safety of behind the sofa!

No comments:

Post a Comment