Monday 6 July 2009

Getting wound up over a recorded delivery

When I arrived home from work on Saturday I find a card from the post office advising that they have a letter to sign for. By this time the office is closed so I have to wait until Monday morning to collect. Now receiving a recorded delivery letter is a very rare event and usually if I do it is expected but this one was not. So it must be something bad, a speeding fine or did Bexley Council issue that court summons for the £2.98 council tax which due to a lost exception form on a flat I let out I didn't owe anyway.This had actually been sorted out two weeks ago but it seemed the prime suspect so as the weekend progressed I was getting more and more worked up.How would I react,should I stay calm or go for the Sawn off machine gun approach.Monday morning finally arrives,I collect the letter and what is it? Yes, a letter from the local Honda dealer stating that they have been trying to contact me to check the tread on my tyres!!! Aarrgh!! I have to say to Bexley council, I never doubted you for one moment!

1 comment:

  1. This is about as annoying as the one where I had a non-delivery but also money to pay. I trekked across town to pick it up only to find it was junk mail with the wong postage on. I now open junk mail and send the envelopes back with loads of other junk mail and kebab menus in. WIN!

    ReplyDelete